Vulcanizates based on Viton provide an exceptional balance of physical property characteristics including the following features:
1. Resistance to temperature extremes:
2. Resistance to degradation by a greater variety of fluids and chemicals than any non-fluorinated elastomer, providing the best proven fluid resistance of any commercial rubber. Excellent resistance to oils, fuels, lubricants, and most mineral acids.
3. Extremely low permeability to a broad range of substances, including particularly good performance in oxygenated automotive fuels.
4. Resistance to many aliphatic and aromatic hydrocarbon fluids that act as solvents for other rubbers.
5. Exceptionally good resistance to compression set, even at temperatures which can embrittle other non-fluorinated elastomers.
6. Exceptionally good resistance to atmospheric oxidation, sun, and weather. Excellent resistance to fungus and mold.
7. Good electrical properties in low voltage, low frequency applications.
8. Low burning characteristics; inherently more resistant to burning than other non-fluorinated hydrocarbon rubbers.
* Photograph © Can Stock Photo Inc. | kadmy